How Much Does a Protection Dog Cost?
Let’s talk about the elephant in the room here: How much a protection dog costs.
The truth is that the price of a family protection dog can vary widely. How widely? Try from $500-$50,000. Why in the world is there such a wide variance in cost? Well, there are quite a few reasons. Let’s break it down:
• You can buy from a breeder and pay a trainer. If you do it this way, you break the cost into two. First, you find a reputable breeder. As you can imagine, dealing with a proven breeder will cost more than buying from a random guy off of Craigslist. And as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
Of course, the puppy isn’t going to come trained. And you aren’t going to produce a fully trained personal protection dog on your own. That means you have to hire a trainer. Again, depending on the level of trainer you choose, cost will vary greatly.
• You can buy a dog that is already known for protective qualities within the breed. Some people look for people that already own protective dogs and ask what breed they are; then the go to a breeder. This might be a way to get a deep discount, but honestly, how could you really know what you’re getting?
• You can purchase a dog that is highly trained from a world renowned trainer. Go this route, and you know exactly what you’re getting. A dog that is handpicked and trained as a personal protector. There are no variables. Just absolutes. Again, you get what you pay for.
• You may have to pay a trainer to assist you. With any dog, there’s going to be a transition period. If you are dealing with a dog that is trained to attack in cases of danger, you will need to learn about the dog and how to handle it during times of chaos. You may have to pay a trainer to work with everyone in the family to ensure all human beings are in charge of the dog; not the other way around.
• Delivery fees can also play into cost, as can timing. If you or a loved one are in danger and need a dog quickly, how fast can the company deliver a dog with the highest qualities to your door? If you find the best trainer in the world, but they do not have a dog for you in the time that you need it, or they cannot deliver it to your door, how valuable are they?
Whether you’re looking for a dog to guard your place of business, or you’re looking for a loyal, family-friendly protector, you’re on the verge of making a life changing decision. It’s an important decision, one that takes thorough research and analysis. Buying or adopting any sort of dog is a big deal. But when we’re talking about a highly-trained protection dog, there’s even more at stake. As the dog’s owner, you need to be sure that a trained executive protection dog will be reliable and predictable, no matter the situation. If the dog is being used for business or job-related activity, the owner needs to feel secure that the dog will not randomly attack someone. In cases of family life, you need to be able to trust the dog around small children and other family pets. As you can see, there are a lot of reasons why price can vary. A reputable company that offers protection dogs for sale will have a customer service team ready to answer your questions, and discuss pricing with you. One size does not fit all when it comes to protection dogs, and pricing will vary based on your needs, location, and preferences.